Facial regeneration with growth factors
Publicado el 8 de February de 2012
The technique of CELLULAR REGENERATION with Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) offers new treatment options in Aesthetic Medicine.
We could say that the epidermal growth factors (EGF) regulate the restructuring of the epidermis and dermis and have a deep influence on the skin. It has been proved that subcutaneous injections of EGF produce strong changes on aged skin: restoring the cutaneous vitality, increasing the thickness, recovering the elasticity, increasing the smoothness and improving the appearance of the skin.
The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is obtained from the patient’s own blood.
It consists of extracting a quantity of blood (between 60-120 cc), which is processed in the Hematology laboratory by specialist Doctors, who obtain the final product to be used.
Once obtained, the PRP is applied in the clinic by means of mesotherapy. The prior use of an anaesthetic cream is advisable so that the treatment is less irritating, although this is not strictly necessary as the procedure is practically painless.
As this is an autologous product, from the patient himself, it is risk-free, but may only cause irritation which is due to the pricks.
- Do we have to repeat the treatment? The ideal in all cases, to obtain the best and most lasting effects is to repeat the treatment alter three-four weeks, reaching a total of 3 sessions and after a year only one reminder session to keep the optimum collagen and elastin levels.
- Does it hurt? No, it is only a series of small pricks that could irritate a little and easy to bear with the prior application of anaesthetic cream.
- Will it show? Immediately alter treatment the skin will appear reddened (most of the times this is due to the anaesthetic cream and not the treatment) and become slightly swollen, as though they were small insect stings or the appearance of bruising ( by the small pricks) that will disappear alter a few days and will be easily hidden by a bit of make-up.
- Will I be able to continue working, go to the gym, etc afterwards? The treatment does not stop you from working and leading a normal daily life. As we mentioned before in the case of slight bruising this can be hidden by make-up and alter a few hours the aspect will be completely normal.
- When will I notice the effects? The improvement of the aspect of the skin will be completely evident and clearly this will depend of prior conditions and the number of sessions made. The growth factors will stimulate the regeneration of collagen and elastin in the dermis and this needs time so that the organism can produce them.
- It can be combined with other treatments? Yes, of course. The application of plasma rich in growth factors can be the complete treatment or complementary treatment without any inconveniences..
/?php twentyten_posted_in(); ?>